Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you tell if a converter is good or not? this should puzzle quite a few of you

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you tell if a converter is good or not? this should puzzle quite a few of you

i have a tci 3000... its fine, currently trying to sale it to get a new higher stall..., its in the car now, works perfect.. im saying that so if someone looks at my post they dont think im trying to sale a dud

i have aquired a midwest 3500...... that would work well and save me money from having to buy a new stall.. but it came out of a trans that was pretty f'd up.. however the trans was rebuilt, the same converter run in it, and the fluid changed like 3-4 times in a course of 25 miles or so while trying to figure out a vavlebody problem.... to where the fluid was coming out bright red again... there was still a problem in the valvebody of the transmission, the stall seemed to be working and pretty much driving like it would, but something in the valvebody wasn't letting the car shift from 1-2 under wot or what not.. the guy bought a new trans, and i got the converter..

im like 90% sure this converter will work, but before i go and **** up my perfect transmission.... i figured id ask what precuations i might take
Old 09-24-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Send it back to Midwest to get rebuilt to be on the safe side. Probably should cost less than half of what the converter costs new. That would just be a guess though.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you want you can check out fuddle racing, they will do a clean out of the converter and check it out for you. Costs 100 to have it cleaned, or you could have it restalled for 135 check it out http://www.fuddleracing.com/wst_page14.html go to the bottom of the page and look at services..