Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with BMR or Yank TH400 transmembers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Those with BMR or Yank TH400 transmembers.

I have had the Th400 conversion, and just used a M6 trans member with 1" worth of washers. For the past week it felt when I got on the gas my rear end would slide all over the place. After looking at it, I saw that the bolt and the washers were no longer there. I have no idea what happened to it.. The trans was just resting on the trans member. I went and bought more washers and a bolt, and put it back on. I dont like how its ghetto rigged, so I am considering getting a trans member from BMR or Yank, but I have searched and found threads about a couple of people that theirs bolt holes didn't line up and they needed to modify it so it can work. Does anyone know if they fixed these problems? Anyone ordered one recently that lined up perfectly

Oh yea, and I also installed a Prothane Polyurethane trans mount at the same time, and I think I might of tightend the bolt too much as after a while it felt like it was going through butter, but not actually going any higher, just turning. To my surprise the addition of the polyurethane mount didn't make the car vibrate at all, and didn't stiffen up the shifts one bit. Do you guys thing I fucked up the thread on it by over tightening the bolt? If so, I still have the Energy Suspensions trans mount that the previous owner had on it.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

I have just put on a 2002 M-6 and 1999 a-4 crossmember in or shop cars
they fit with no extra work
just bolted it up loosly to the transmount and raised it to floor
the Poly type mount the mounting holes not in the same plane as the stock mount (stock mounts lower stud is offset)
so some times a poly mount will not line up
Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I e-mailed BMR to ask them about the fitment, and they didn't respond, so I will be ordering the Yank unit. I will be using a stock trans-mount..Hopefully I don't have to modify the Yank unit to work.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

The fit is great and you will love the better handling of the car in turns and at the track!
also ask Dave about the free T-shirt offer whan you call
Old 10-04-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

One more question. In a previoius thread where you advertised the Yank th400 install kit, there was a trans mount in it. What type of trans mount is this? thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

the transmount we use is from a 1990 3/4 or 1 ton G.M. truck with the TH400
or the universal style from local auto parts store will also work (less cost)
call me for any info
Mike 479 632 6355
Old 10-23-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE- I ordered the Yank cross member and installed it. Fits very nicely, and looks real clean. Much better compared to the the M6 crossmember with 1" of shims under the trans mount. Also mentioned im from LS1tech and got a free Yank t-shirt.