Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any A3 guys got their neutral safety switch working

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any A3 guys got their neutral safety switch working

Will be swapping over from A4 to A3 as soon as it gets here.
I know I'll be getting the 36" Lokar dipstick.
Trans crate includes the , B&M Pro Ratchet shifter and cable, correct flexplate, TC, cooler and line, Rossler trans with Rossbrake and RMVB, 9" tailshaft I believe.
I was told I need to swap to a M6 flash, no problem there since I was swapping from a 2000 to a 2002 OS anyway.
So, now its a matter of setting up a Hall-Effect switch for the N/R safety switch to retain the hatch release and R lights.
Also, since I am loading an M6 tune, to get the speedo working will I need to use the M6 reluctor ring setup in the tailshaft, or the A4? Or is the tailshaft housing speedo ring conversion universal and you just program it different? Thanks.

Charlie
Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Teching In

all the neutral safety switch and reverse lights are controlled through your pro ratchet.. just like they were through your stock shifter.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 89LT1Formula
all the neutral safety switch and reverse lights are controlled through your pro ratchet.. just like they were through your stock shifter.
Yeah I'm shifter stupid Just got word from Justin, seller of the complete setup, and he said the same thing. Duh to me. Well, its was fun figuring that one out. Now for the remaining...speedo adapter issues....

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A hall effect does not control lights or neutral safety. If anything the hall effect would be for the speedo sensor.
But thats not the case either, you'll end up with a th400 reluctor ring, early 80's 3/4 ton pickup truck application for 4L60E size yoke (the 9"), if you have the 4" tail with a 32 spline output get a reluctor ring out of the same year range trucks except one ton application.

I don't see how they sell such a complete kit with no speedometer sensors, instructions, etc.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
A hall effect does not control lights or neutral safety. If anything the hall effect would be for the speedo sensor.
But thats not the case either, you'll end up with a th400 reluctor ring, early 80's 3/4 ton pickup truck application for 4L60E size yoke (the 9"), if you have the 4" tail with a 32 spline output get a reluctor ring out of the same year range trucks except one ton application.

I don't see how they sell such a complete kit with no speedometer sensors, instructions, etc.
Well this is a used setup, but fitting good deal. I didnt do all my research on the conversion as I normally do, but soon found out there is a way. So, the reluctor ring is an easy install or no? And yes, the TH350 has the 9" tailshaft.

Charlie
Old 10-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought you were talking about a th400 for some reason. The reluctor ring won't work with a 9" tailhousing. You'll need a cable driven adapter.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
I thought you were talking about a th400 for some reason. The reluctor ring won't work with a 9" tailhousing. You'll need a cable driven adapter.
Any idea where to get one? It seemed like GearVendors has one, looking at the install instructions with their kit (I dont have a GVOD, but I was a looking ). Thanks.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have a TH350 9" tailshaf with a VSS setup. Works great. I did need to get some PCM tuning to get the speedo right but that was it.

Call Bob Alexander at Perfomance Trans. He built a Jig to set these up. 217-935-5352.