Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP 4 problems!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FLP 4 problems!

I've got a FLP4 tranny 3000 miles fliud not burnt no shavings temp fine Manual 1st and reverse is fine but 2nd,3rd,&D arn't! Any time the tranny trys to go into second slow or fast it will try to slide the back tire but if ya keep it down in first it will go fine! Don't know about 3rd or 4th because it want ever get fast enough to go to 3rd or 4th because of the 2nd grabbing!Could this be tune related or shift solenoid or something electical its like it doesn't flow the fluid to second gear or summitin! Many people don't have tranny troubles like this especally with a nicer tranny like I have!I know how these things work pretty good I'm a auto tech at a dealer and haven't really seen this kind of prob before! Just wondering if someone has ever had this prob before!Thanks in advance!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carmen that goes by 'Tease' has had some problems with her tranny as well. I wont say anything as I do not know 100% of the details, but maybe she will chime in.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ FYI Carmen's got a different transmission (it's notta FLP trans ... or at least wasn't a month or two ago)

as for the problem with your trans... Best bet would probably be to call chuck up or email him (flp transmissions) ... he does good work and stands behind it, plus he'd probably know right away what's up with it from the symptoms