Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI SSF Question

Old 11-02-2005, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question TCI SSF Question

just received my box etc what are your thoughts on fitting a transgo shift kit to above. Its only used for racing?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your wording is a bit confusing, but I'm guessing you are asking if a stall with a shift kit are only used for racing and the answer in no!. If the shift kit is setup properly with street/strip in mind the shifts at part throttle can be fairly light and be nine and firm/quick at WOT. That is how mine is setup per Pro built automatics (<search) "modded" kit and suggestions.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 193 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
Your wording is a bit confusing, but I'm guessing you are asking if a stall with a shift kit are only used for racing and the answer in no!. If the shift kit is setup properly with street/strip in mind the shifts at part throttle can be fairly light and be nine and firm/quick at WOT. That is how mine is setup per Pro built automatics (<search) "modded" kit and suggestions.
Pro-built's modified Transgo kit insures the all-important fluid flow to the 3-4 clutches is sufficient with your new converter. I would not install the converter without it, but that's just me.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
sorry ? in wrong place. basically would there be any improvement on the stock SSF with the shift kit fitted for racing

Search this Thread