Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 z28 auto help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 z28 auto help!

I have had this 4l60e rebuilt by a local guy who builds high horsepower cars and here is my problem. If you take off the tranny will shift into 3rd gear hard 4 out of 5 times. That one time it will slip going into 3rd and there will be no more shifting or going. If I stop the car and take off again it will start all over shifting hard 4 out of 5 times (example not actual shifting times) then slipping into 3rd and alls gone. I have replaced all of the solinoids 2 times and everything seems fine. The only thing I have not replaced yet is the actual wireing harness in the tranny. Can anyone think of another reason that this is going on. Has anyone ever had this problem? I figured that once a 4l60e has slipped it is pretty much shot, but this is not the case. Anything?

P.S. it has all redline parts and a ptc 3000 stall.
Thanks
Billy
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got any clues?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Banned

sounds like a sticking valve, maybe the 1-2,2-3 shift or the 2-3 shuttle valve, could be, i guess..hope this helps gotta ..get back to work...Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea thats what I was thinking it was, but I changed the solinoids twice already. The chances of the solinoids being bad both times is pretty rare, but they could be. Is there a diagnostics tool that can read the pressure of the tranny and see the solinoids working? This thing is driving me crazy!! Thanks for the help Rock-On.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

Normally if you have a solenoid problem you'll loose two gears...let me think..the 1-2 you'll loose 1st and 4th...the 2-3 you'll loose 1st and 2nd...3rd both solenoids are off. I don't think you have a solenoid or solenoid electronic problem....I think you have a stuck valve or improper line rise ..you'll have to get a gage and plumb it in, so we can check the pressures...wanna what the pressure is when it is slambing in gear verses soft engage hope this helps ......
dave
Old 11-16-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmmm do you think maybe flushing the tranny out might help any, cause I just cant see how it will work perfectly a few times and then just slip and if you pull it down in 2nd gear just after it slipped its gone. But If you come to a stop and start over then it will hit 3rd hard and I can get on it and it holds strong! This things got me all confused. Ill see what I can do about reading the pressure in there like you said. Hopefully it will arrise the problem.