Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valve body problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default valve body problem?

I just had my tranny rebuilt for the third time. The first was my fault, not engaging the coverter all the way upon install and the second is questionable b/c the stock planetaries were retained at the rebuild. This time I broke the rear 4 element planetary and the 3-4 clutches with it. Obviously I upped to the 5 pinion planetary, but the tranny guy told me to watch for and be aware of a problem with the valve bodies in these units he has been hearing about. Has anyone had a problem with the valves within the valve body wearing to a point where they are outside of tolerance and cause the tranny to slip? He said mine are within tolerance but it's a common problen and to watch for it.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could get a transgo tcc valve only, not a whole shift kit (or just get the whole kit). It has a longer tcc valve that prevents wear in the valve body, can also save it if it's not worn too bad.
You'll know it once you have the problem because the ses light will come on and it will be for a 1870 code.

You can also have the valve body tcc bore reamed out oversized and use a new oversized valve.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it is a problem then. It's good to know that there's a fairly easy fix though. Thanks for the info!