Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock Up Problem With Yank 4400 Stall

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock Up Problem With Yank 4400 Stall

I had this problem for awhile now and its gotten to the point where its untolerable. My converter wont lokup like its suppose to. It will randomly lockup on occasion. Somtimes it will lock in 3rd for less then a min. and sometimes on the highway it will lockup 4th for the same amount of time. I have Hp tuners and have manually locked it. I have been told it was tuning. the tuner says its the tranny. ,the tranny builder says its the converter, and the converter guy says its the tuner. after all that runaround I was told that it could be the MAP sensor. So I replaced that. Still does it. I have no clue what to do. Anyone have or had this same problem??? Any ideas on what coould be causing it and if so How do I fix it.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

its all tuning, your getting random missfires(false misfires due to the converter being lighter.) do a search for my converter randomly locks/unlocks fix and you will get your answer.. Mine does the same **** right after my fuddle 3,800 got put in.. Have it retuned, better yet find the thread print it out then take it to your wonderfull tuner and say here fix this ****..
Old 11-19-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

happy reading
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/162767-i-just-replaced-my-torque-converter-now-unlocks-randomly-fix.html