Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No second gear after normal driving.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No second gear after normal driving.

Ok... here is more or less the story...

I am getting all crazy here...

I have been burning the 3rd gear clutches on my tranny and hte 2nd gear band also.

The tranny at the moment is lasting one day of use.. and no revs no nothing.. just normal daily SIMPLE driving...

I have replaced the pressure regulator and a different drum.. i have replaced the band a few times already... this is getting frustrating....

The last rebuild i did... the 3rd gear clutches where perfect but hte band burnt... leaving me w/o second gear at all.. i can shift correctly and pressures, although not measured, seem to be ok...

The main point is that i cannot detect a loss of pressure from the drum or anything... so far programming is stock everything...

I did notice that when the TCC is applying duty cycle is varying and i get an up/down reving when the TCC tries to engage and disengage.. this happens about 35% tps.... if i do less TPS simply sticks and "feels" ok.

Anything you can guide me through with this rebuild?

I have not raced this tranny and it died in 1 day... it has been like this for the past 4 rebuilds..

I am adjusting the band to spec and everything....

let me know
Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

I had a similiar experiance with mine. 3rd gear is toasted. Also the ranny would lock and unlock under partial loads. We think it may have been the EPC soloniod?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

That is new on ours...

first we used a modified one.. and now we are using a normal one, stocker..