Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Driveability question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Cam Driveability question

Well planning on doing the good old heads/cam combo this winter and just curious if the cam i have will be ok in my car. It's a mid 230 cam, a little over .600 lift on a 112 lsa. Hoping to keep a 4l60e tranny and currently have a ss3600 converter. The car is only drivin during the summer, but i still put some good miles on it. Anyone have a similiar cam, hows driveability? I'm planning on doing AFR 205's also, not that makes to much of a difference. Just curious before i go installing everything, if i have to get a smaller cam i will. I can deal with bad idling when the springs are cold etc, but if its constantly going to be dying at stop lights i dont want it. Thanks for your input in advance!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

driveability on a cam that big will rely solely on the tune. with a good tune i doubt you'd notice much difference in your stock cam and that one, maybe a little surge every now and then...

heads would definitely aid your low/mid-range. if you're looking for a strong cam, i would suggest the g5x3 on a 114, as it would be automatic friendly and still produce excellent numbers, especially with those afr heads.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the response, im not worried about tuning, i have a great shop for that. Just asking guys mainly for their experiences. Thank again