Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula 4L60E automatic Transmission performance button

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Formula 4L60E automatic Transmission performance button

OK.... maybe I'm nuts.... I don't know.....

Just got my car back from a trans being put in. My Formula Firebird as the 4L60E automatic transmission with a performance button in the console.

Car seems to drive OK. Good power,ect. but I can't seem to tell any differance between the prefromance button being on or off.

Also, I though I remembered that when you actvatied the button to "on" it stayed on til you turned off the engine. You couldn't just turn it off by repressing the button. NOW YOU CAN??!???!!! (I don't think it is supose to what it is doing now.)

Makes me wondering they forgot to hook something back up????

Any ideals?????????????????

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

What did they do to the tranny? If they installed a transkit, they may have rendered the button moot, by upping the line pressure all the time. That's all the button did, was choose a mode that bumped up the line pressure by about 15%.

If they didn't do anything like that, then I'm not sure what the 2nd guess might be. There is only 1 connector to the tranny (unless you have a temp gauge) - it is a 5-pin circular MetriPak connector that plugs in and locks, and the tranny would not work if it were left off.

Jim
Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually what they did was to install a GM-recert trans.

Also, I climbed under the car, there doesn't seem to be any wires or connetors left loose. I think I even saw the one you referance.... It is plugged in.(Guess it would have been though, since you say it wouldn't shift without it!!!!!!!!!)

??????????
I called be to place that fixed it.... They say bring it in they will look at it.

Last edited by wabmorgan; 12-28-2005 at 03:18 PM.