Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have to get tranny rebuilt have yall had this problem?

Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have to get tranny rebuilt have yall had this problem?

when i step down on the gas real hard, and when it get ready to shift into second it stays in high rpm's and slowly shifts and sometimes causes it to get in the rev limiter. i called the guy who did my tranny in my grand national and he said it sounded like it is the band in the tranny and it may have crystalized. so he said if that is the problem it will need to be rebuilt ($1200-$1500). if i get it rebuilt i will get everything i want done to it. but when i am normal driving it shifts through great! can anyone offer any help? thanks!!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

yep sounds like a band going and maybe one of the drums too
Old 01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're gonna spend that kinda money to get it rebuilt just go ahead and pay 1900 for a FLP Stage 4 tranny. A year ago i was just drivin down the interstate and lost 3rd and 4th. I just wasted all my money by rebuilding it b/c 2 days later the pump went out and burnt every clutch disc in it. so then i went and bought one from gm for 1900 but i wish i would have known about the flp then.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by black98
when i step down on the gas real hard, and when it get ready to shift into second it stays in high rpm's and slowly shifts and sometimes causes it to get in the rev limiter. i called the guy who did my tranny in my grand national and he said it sounded like it is the band in the tranny and it may have crystalized. so he said if that is the problem it will need to be rebuilt ($1200-$1500). if i get it rebuilt i will get everything i want done to it. but when i am normal driving it shifts through great! can anyone offer any help? thanks!!
finish line transmission(FLT)is now running a 15% special. looks like a great deal!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Get ahold of Dave at Rock-On. Link is in my sig. He built my trans for 1965 shipped. Cablebandit was putting over 700 hp and 700 tq through his rock-on and it lasted him 30,000 miles I think, and 30+ track passes.

It's winter over here, so I haven't had a chance to really test mine out. I did drive it for about 15 miles a couple of days ago cause it was nice out. It shifted great and felt really strong.

Search this Thread