Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E Replacement

What would be the best but least expensive 4L60E I could get for street and strip.
Mine has just started to slip in 3rd and 4th,but still drives fine under wide open throttle.
I don't know if it's the 3000 TCI converter{only seems to slip when it is in lock-up} or the transmission that is slipping.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

A lot of guys on here have Rock-On 4L60E's and I've heard a lot of good about them. Speed Inc. also has some nice trannies from what I've heard but I've not talked to as many guys with them. There are a bunch of companies out there building 4L60E's but these are just two I've been hearing about lately. I'm sure you'll get some guys chiming in that have real world experience with some different ones.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

I've only taken my car for 1 ride with the new rock on tranny since it's stored for the winter. I'll say this though, it's unbelievable how a vaccuum modulated 4l60e acts. I thought for sure part throttle shift were going to be unbearable. When Dave told me that I would be asking "Damn, where's the other transmissions hiding!?" I didn't believe him. Seriously though, at part throttle it acts just like stock, even with the shift kit and three washers. At WOT watch out!

I can't say enough about how satisifed I am with my Rock-On trans. Give Dave a call and he'll set you up with a trans to fit your needs. His link is in my sig.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:47 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto SS
What would be the best but least expensive 4L60E I could get for street and strip.
Mine has just started to slip in 3rd and 4th,but still drives fine under wide open throttle.
I don't know if it's the 3000 TCI converter{only seems to slip when it is in lock-up} or the transmission that is slipping.

sorry to hear about you trans ed.if i were you i would call chuck at finish line transmissions(flt).he builds a wicked unit that really holds up. he has a good reputation on this site and his customer service is next to none!!! you can check out his web page at www.finishlinetrans.com or simply call him at 1-630-350-7776. he is a great guy and i know that he will be able to help you!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed be sure its the tranny and not the converter. Daves lockup clutch in his converter just went and it would slip in o/d....tranny temps went up too. Fortunately he caught it before all the stuff clogged his tranny. The way we tested it was to ride around...with hptuners i would command lockup with full pressure and it would still slip very easily and you could barely see/hear the motor pull down when it was locking up. he reinstalled his stock converter to get his race converter rebuilt and now lockup/tranny is working fine