Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Plz!@!!

Old 02-08-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help Plz!@!!

ok so i got my transmission rebuilt last month and it has been running great ever since. about a week ago my check engine light popped on, so i went to autozone and got the codes checked, it turns out it was " emissions controllers 1 and 2" every since that light went on, ive been experiencing some weird stuff, ive had very bad power loss, a nasty stink when the car gets to running temperature, and the exahust just sounds baaaad. When i was at autozone they told me i would experience stuff like this, but i just want to be absolutly positive that its not the transmission. they told me i would need new cats and o² sensors. Its been 2000 miles since its rebuild, should i drain the fuid and refill it? is this a necissary step? could i be low on fluid? any help would be great.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:40 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really think you have a motor problem. No offense against auto zone but they sell parts not fix cars. You need to find out what is causing you o2 codes. Also plugged exhaust can feel like a trans problem but isn't!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

thank you, an honest answer finally! i already ordered some pacesetter LT's and am going to the exhaust shop on friday to get everythgn squared away. thanks for the answer it was all i needed to hear
Old 02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

What kind of smell is it? Do you still have CATS? Does it smell like rotten eggs?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

yeah it smells like burnt suroup (sp?) im checking the trans fluid today, to make sure that aint it
Old 02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Roarin8, if it smells like rotten eggs than your one or both of your cats are bad. No offense to Da wrench, but if Autozone scanned your CPU and it was throwing an emissons code than that's exactlly what it is. I do feel his pain for them being on the dumb side but it's not hard to look up the code in the CPU and tell you what it is. If the code came up saying low effeciancy in bank 1 or 2 then it's your O2's. My guess is that it has something to do with your emissions system, but we'll wait and see what ya tell us.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
yeah it smells like burnt suroup (sp?) im checking the trans fluid today, to make sure that aint it
I've never smelled burnt syrup before. I tend to have my syrup warm, not boiled, with my flapjacks

Search this Thread