Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

59k on the trans. wanting to change trans oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 59k on the trans. wanting to change trans oil

how hard is it to change the transmission oil in this car?i havent really looked under it yet. and i know in my grand prix GXP everything was sealed and you had to drop everything to drain it. just figure since im not sure if the transmission was every drained and cleaned out since it was used how hard would it be to do it myself.

also i notice sometimes while in first if i push the gas alittle says half way and let off before the shift. it kinda pops into gear. and it jerks almost like reving it then catching the gear. nothing drastic just noticeable. its this common?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I assume you are talking about a 4l60 trans. It's fairly simple just take the back bolts (10mm If I recall correctly) all the way out and start loosen the other ones working toward the front untill it starts to drain at a decent pace. When you remove the filter be shure to remove the black plastic ring where the neck of the filter goes into the trans and be shure to replace it with the new one that comes with the new filter. I know there are some detailed guides out there with pics, so do some searching and you'll find more detailed info.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thankies.