Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rossler 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossler 4l60e

any feedback on a 4L60E from rossler? my car makes about 430rwhp on motor & 550 on spray. dailey driver raced sometimes

i am not looking for suggestions for other builders. perfer to here from people who are currently using a Rossler transmissions.
Thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 08:24 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good morning! Good luck with the next guy!!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one ran it on my 10 second daily driver about 11,000 miles, 1.5 years many bottles and hundreds of passes. I broke a sprage last year, It was due to be refreshed this year anyway. I had been jacking the pressure up with the force motor and spraying through the shifts with a 250 shot and a 408
Im currently waiting for him to install a "T" brake on mine and I will give it hell again. Less line pressure and no more spraying through the shifts
My race weight is over 3700# this is a real street car
Old 02-25-2006, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

i've got a call in to them. is 4L65E a stock replacement for a 4L60? fits everything the same? . my motor is forged i guess i could spray more. currently at 150. best 1/8 time 6.9. sounds like your well over 600rwhp?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ran mine also for about year and a half. It was a stout piece, beat the hell out if it with the stock H/C TNT motor & now with the 408 with TNT. the trans is just now starting to slip in 3rd & 4th. So its back to Rossler it goes for a new life. I would highly reccomend these trany's to anybody.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Restricted User

I run a Rossler TH350 w/ brake, and if I had to go back to a 60E, it would be from Rossler as well. I love the idea of the OD racing transmission, I just worry the 60E w/Brake wont live up to the expectations. Here in Hawaii, we race every w/e (excluding the w/e's we have a busted car) so seasons are a little more intense (25 weekends worth). Then again, the track is closing, so maybe I'll get me a Rossler 60E over the 80E.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Got one in my 97'
10,000 hard miles........
150+ OFFICIAL 1/4 mile passes........
Take it on 700+ mile road trips one way..........
Works great
Old 03-02-2006, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

i really appreciate all the positive feed back. i talked to carl a couple of days ago. he suggested i send him a fresh core vs my current 4L60E since it has had so many problems. he feels it may have some broken hard parts. it will be great to get the car back running again
Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank, do you want to sell your Rockon?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
i really appreciate all the positive feed back. i talked to carl a couple of days ago. he suggested i send him a fresh core vs my current 4L60E since it has had so many problems. he feels it may have some broken hard parts. it will be great to get the car back running again
I have talked to carl a few times..........His refresh price is VERY reasonable too!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allthrottle&nobottle
I have talked to carl a few times..........His refresh price is VERY reasonable too!
I know I couldnt beleive my ears, I called him couple weaks ago because 3&4th are strating to slip in mine & gave me that price & I was expecting 3x that. Only drawback is the shipping from here in B'ham.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Frank, do you want to sell your Rockon?
i wouldn't sell this pos to anybody. when the new one gets here it's goin in the lake!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 AM
9 Second Club

i will buy it
Old 03-03-2006, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

i will buy it
ok i'll make you a deal. you seem to be pretty tight with Dave. i personaly think he is an ok guy. just disatisfied with he's product. but many others, yourself included have had better luck
so here is the offer i have a stock 4l60e that i am getting ready to get built i have hp tunners program in my car. you get dave to make me a deal on the build up of the trans. you hook me up on the tune ( i'll send you the program). everthing comes together. i'll will state my appreciation here for all to see. i'll give you the old trans & i'll pay for the freight.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

i will buy it
i see you have been on the boards since my last post. so what do you think?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:29 PM
9 Second Club

Frank I think what you say here vs what you say in emails/PMs is a little different. Fortunately for Dave, your own posts have shown how he has bent over backwards to try and help you and he actually got business from it...imagine the irony in that. I don't think Dave is going to be willing to do anything with another transmission, he will want to put the RockOn tranny on a tranny dyno to see where the problem lies. Now you claimed earlier to have had Daves tranny rebuilt by Fastech......that's where things get ugly. Either it's fastechs problem now or you are a liar....only you know the answer to that. I dunno if Dave would be willing to do ANYTHING with you after the way you have slandered him and his company. I'd be willing to work with you on the tune but your "internet bully" tactics with Dave are not helping you on that end. BTW, do a search for RockOn, intelligence and numbers will tell you that it is not "luck" that has made our trannies perform so well. If you are going to sue Dave, you should go ahead and do that and not continue to keep posting about it. I am surprised your attorney hasn't informed you of that already. I will talk to Dave on your behalf but he is going to want to work on his tranny...not a different one. Ball is in your court now, it's time to be a man and realize that there are consequences to your actions....you get treated in accordance with how you act. If you are going to sue, do it and show the world you were right.....otherwise you are going to need re-evaluate your actions and try to approach resolve in a mature manner .....and I think you could get satisfaction
Old 03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

well i guess i got your answer. you don't want to buy a bad tranny you won't to lecture. if dave wants to share pm's with you thats his business. your right action's do have consiquences. that applies to all. ask dave he knows what i'm capable of. again no one has addressed all the damage done to my car while at his shop. the fact is the only reason i went anywhere else was because the guy that produced the product couldn't fix it. you seem to have plenty of opinions but you don't read very well.as i stated in the beginning of this thread i didn't want any info on other builders. so take your opinion & cheerleading elseware. i'll deal with my rock on problem
Old 03-03-2006, 08:57 PM
9 Second Club

No Frank, I want you to end up with a tranny in your car that you are happy with and have tried to show you the way to go about it. Ask Dave what you are capable of? It is quite apparent that all you can do is **** and moan....threats threats threats...and wonder why you get no resolution...lol....you dont have a RockOn problem....you have a comprehension problem....."as i stated in the beginning of this thread i didn't want any info on other builders.".....you asked for exactly THAT...an opinion on Rossler. Show the world Frank....show us what you can do. Quit talking and SHOW us. I personally dont think you can/will do anything.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-04-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

what is rosslers website?

Quick Reply: Rossler 4l60e