Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flash stall need to be programed?

Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash stall need to be programed?

I have a tci3800 TC and i can brake stall is up to 2200 before tire spin, but when I let it idle and then floor it i dont see a stall before the car lurches. Im new to this auto thing so does this have to do with idle speed or the programming in the pcm OR driver that doesnt know what hes doing

thanks guys
Old 03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

flash stall simply refers to the rpm the motor reaches when you stomp on the pedal, the car will be moving forward the second you let go of the brake... The way im reading your post, your thinking flash stall means---the rpm will reach a certain point with the car being still then when that rpm is reached the car will jump forward-- thats not flash stall
Old 03-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
flash stall simply refers to the rpm the motor reaches when you stomp on the pedal, the car will be moving forward the second you let go of the brake... The way im reading your post, your thinking flash stall means---the rpm will reach a certain point with the car being still then when that rpm is reached the car will jump forward-- thats not flash stall
Thanks for the reply, In my rambling you hit it on the head with what i was asking. So if that is not "flash stall" What is? Should i be able to rev the motor alittle higher while holding the brake?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Teching In

I think it all depend on the STR? not too sure though. I have a fuddle 3400 with a 2.1 STR and i can foot brake mine up to 2900rpm before it spins.

Search this Thread