Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission acting weird

I have a 93 z28 A4 with 107xxx miles,the transmission seems to shift fine,it never over revs,or downshifts on its own,or anything like,but when i shift from park to D,its kind of a hard shift,and sometimes when it shifts from 1st to 2nd when its in Drive its a hard shift, is the tranny going out?? could I need a new tranny mount??
Old 03-09-2006, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

does it do it when it is cold or all the time
Old 03-09-2006, 04:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AceHaag
does it do it when it is cold or all the time
most of the time,it doesnt do it on every shift,only from 1st to 2nd when im on it,and when it downshifts or coming to a stop
Old 03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

it you changed the fluid resently that my be part of your problem because off the shelf fluid is a little different than factory fluid it has a additive package suited for a wider range of transmissions (friction additives for some ford tannys), but not to worry a stiff shift is good because the clutches slip less unless it is so hard the tires are braking loose then it might be a slight calibration problem. in that year car it is an all electonic tranny. right?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AceHaag
it you changed the fluid resently that my be part of your problem because off the shelf fluid is a little different than factory fluid it has a additive package suited for a wider range of transmissions (friction additives for some ford tannys), but not to worry a stiff shift is good because the clutches slip less unless it is so hard the tires are braking loose then it might be a slight calibration problem. in that year car it is an all electonic tranny. right?
nope,i have the 700r4