Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall problem on a 98 C5

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stall problem on a 98 C5

I just finished putting in a Yank 2800 in my 98 Corvette. I prefilled the torque converter, and I thought I did everything right. I tried adding oil to the transmission, but it wouldnt take anymore. My problem is, is that it revs the crap out of the motor and the car barley moves.

To me, this sounds like a lack of transmission oil problem, Am I using the correct hole? Its a 11mm bolt right above the black box on the drivers side of the transmission. Please tell me im using the wrong hole, and this is an easy fix. Im getting a little frustrated.

I need to invest in a good service manual......
Old 03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you need more fluid in the converter. Mine did the same thing. Try this, put the car in drive and tack it up to about 2k and hold it for about a minute. Put it back in park and check your transmission fluid. I bet it will be low. Top off the fluid and see if that fixed the problem. If not, repeat the process.

The front pump is not pumping fluid into the converter unless the car is in gear. You probably didn't put enough in when you filled the converter. It's not too big of a deal and it's an easy fix.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

The car has been ran through the gears, and no fluid can be added.

If I still had an Fbody Id just drop the transmission to check it.