Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know what this could be I think its something with tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anyone know what this could be I think its something with tuning

I have a question on what this could be. Since I have put the cam in and tuned it when im sitting in traffic at idle for alittle in drive the tcs shuts off. When the tcs shuts off the shift points raise and it locks you out of 4th but if you floor it it will only rev to 3500 rpm and shift like some kind of limp mode. Once the tcs turns back on on its own its good again and if you floor it it works fine. Iam throwing some codes map sensor tps sensor and o2 sensors. Im pretty sure its not the o2 sensors. The only changes I have made since the cam and tune were I got my trans rebuilt and changed my converter from a SSF3500 to a Yank SS4000 do you think that might have something to do with it. Im thinkin maybe the tune is off or something.I cant remember if it did this with the before the converter switch because I didnt drive it much but it also seems to lock me out of lockup. Im not throwing any trans codes that I know of but I think I may need a retune with this new converter. Im almost postive its something with the pcm or something because it goes right back to normal once the tcs comes back on.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 PM

Both of these codes (map sensor and tps sensor) will have an effect on how the transmission performs. You need to get your sensor problems corrected and then evaluate your transmission.

John
Old 03-13-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You need to go into the Engine Diagnostics settings
and raise the MAP values for the P0106 or P0121
diagnostics to be above your idle / off-idle MAP
readings. "Some code" isn't much of a description
but I bet these are them. They are artifacts of the
big cam, and will knock out TCS when active.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
You need to go into the Engine Diagnostics settings
and raise the MAP values for the P0106 or P0121
diagnostics to be above your idle / off-idle MAP
readings. "Some code" isn't much of a description
but I bet these are them. They are artifacts of the
big cam, and will knock out TCS when active.
Ok thanks alot this sounds like something that it could be it only happens when im sitting in drive at idle once I start going for awhile it goes back to normal. Ill probobly have the tuner check my tune in a few weeks. Do you think it could be anything else? The car only has 46k miles on it as well and these only happened after I installed the cam and got it tuned. Once the code resets or whatever its good again until it rethrows the code which could be when im sitting at a light at idle. It defiently seems like its something with the idle because once u go for alittle its good again.

Last edited by RamAir02TA77; 03-13-2006 at 08:07 PM.