Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how bad did i mess up my tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how bad did i mess up my tranny?

on my way home from my las vegas f-body meeting i ran into a eclipse that wanted to go, normally i wouldnt but i was going to go wot that night anyway to see how my recent tune affected the performance so i said what the hell. anyway he throws a few weak *** revs at me and then I let my lt+true dual combo show him the things to come, anyway i forgot to let the rpms drop down to idle before putting it into drive and the tranny banged into gear pretty hard. normally i baby my car so this really really pissed me off(at myself).
the tranny shifts fine and is showing no sign of any real damage(car only has 39k). just wondering how much damage I did and if I can rest easy because im really mad at myself right now for doing it, espiacally against a pos eclipse that i absolutely destroyed, what a waste of gas.
thanks Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing, thats like doing a neutral drop, usually that will break the low roller, but if it works fine still it should be ok.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

My wife used to do the same thing to our 95 Z all the time. She did not do it on purpose either. The tranny lasted to 100K.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

dude i did that the other night!!! i was sooooo mad at myself...when i kinda get on it now it thumps..some people told me its jsut the tranny mount that might have broke..said its easy to fix and cost like $40. Anyone ever break this before? sorry to jack ur thread but for the past 3 days i have been sooo mad at myself for doin that
Old 03-13-2006, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

yeah i broke about 3 get a polly mount not a solid mount super easy to do and fix it ASAP other wise you will be like me and have to get a whole new rebuild
Old 03-13-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im pretty sure my trannies all right, it doesnt have any symptoms of any damage, i went wot right after doing it with the eclipse and it shifted fine with no thumps or anything. im just mad at myself for being so stupid, i think it was just the adrenaline going through me that made me lose my concentration.