Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle Converter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuddle Converter?

There is alot of good talk @ Ls1tech about Fuddle Converters. ( and, there only 4-$500
Since i only use my car for everyday driving, how long will one last?

I have GU2 ( 2.73's ) and I was wondering what a good stall would be for just basic bolts ons ( intake, exhaust, maybe headers )

I want something that doesnt sacrifice good city and highway driving, but has a little more punch to it then the one I have.

im thinkin 2600.... What do you guys think?
How will this affect my idle?
Should i also get a tranny cooler?
Will it last long for DD?

please help

Last edited by TopendLt1; 03-25-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Fuddle builds TC's to each car. E-mail them(or fill out their form online) and they will give you the best choice for your application. I love my Fuddle and won't use anyone else.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

I just ordered my 3200 for my LS1 DD.... Just need to figure out what to tune (shift, rpm, idle hunting, etc)
Old 03-25-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

well in a few weeks I can let ya know how I like my fuddle. I just got the shipping confirmation for mine friday. I'll be running a 3400 fuddle.. 2.73 rear.. full weight.. DD.. in the chicago winters too.. hehe. I was going to go smaller stall like you but after driving a friends LS1 with a 2800 Vig 2.73 gear car I wasn't that impressed. It gets out of the hole faster than my all stock trans and converter 2.73 but his 2800 was no where near the oomph I thought it would be. If I'm putting a stall in I want it to really rip when I jump on it.

whatever you choose Yes you wil absolutly need a tranny cooler. Even a stock tranny needs a good cooler imo.. A converter won't effect the idle at all. If anyhting it will roll less when you take you foot off the brake at lights possibly even roll backward on steep hills when you let of the brake. You won't feel the RPM's drop when you put it in gear like you do with a stock converter either. the converter will last a long time.. its the trans that will run hotter and possibly wear out quicker hence the Tranny cooler.