Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny rebuild/TC nightmare!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny rebuild/TC nightmare!! HELP!!

So here's the short version; The car went into the shop two weeks ago for a full rebuild due to a slipping 3rd/4th gear clutch pack. AFAIK the rebuild went fine, but when the shop went to install the 3400 stall 2.1 str Fuddle racing converter, they ran into a problem. With the converter pushed all the way into the pump, they tried to bolt the TC to the flexplate but didn't even have .040 clearance between the two. The tranny guy says that there should be roughly 1/8" clearance and that the TC should "pull" into the flywheel. I talked to John at Fuddle and he graciously agreed to send me another converter...which did the exact same thing. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I'm not too entheusiastic(sp?) about trying to get a THIRD Fuddle converter...I'm thinking about just going with a TCI or even a stocker at this point. I trust the shop that it's at...they do all of our fleet vehicles and the majority of the guys there are avid racers who know their way around a performance tranmission. I really don't know what to do now, the car is going on three weeks at the shop. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
TIA,
Brent