Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rossler trans problem?

Old 04-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rossler trans problem?

I just bought a Rossler trans 4L60E, billet internals the whole nine yards. The car goes into a limp mode once in a while. What I mean is that I can drive all day no problem with it, then start to head home,where ever Im at and lose 1st and overdrive gears. The trans will only have 2nd and 3rd gear until I turn off the car and cycle the key a couple of times or even leave it over night. Then the car goes back to norm. The SES light is on, the codes I get are shift solinods A and B but I have replace all of them twice. NEED SOME HELP!! I up graded the stall from a 3600 to a 4000. Has anyone seen this before with a 4L60E trans?
Old 04-23-2006, 07:30 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try posting this in the pcm section it sounds like an overlap in the shift throwing the code. I think its a tuning issue
Old 04-23-2006, 07:35 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default trans or computer controls

The first thind is to find out if the codes your getting are performance codes or electrical failure codes. This will help you decide if it is trans or computer related. Some tuning might help you fix this problem. Have you contacted carl? That would have been the first thing to do after a proper scan.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Default Rossler Trans

I tryed calling Carl Rossler but he keeps pushing me off telling me its not the trans. I had a hp tuner form Marcos shop look at it but I had some bad O2 sensors on it. Will try to look at it again. Thanks for all the info will keep yopu guys posted

Last edited by boostinta; 04-24-2006 at 12:22 PM. Reason: ADD ON
Old 04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd raise the misfire detection temp to something unobtainable as well as the trans slipping test. Get those out of the way first.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Default New Update

I am having a local trans place look at my ROSSLER trans, they found that the valve body had a skuff in it where the pistons are for the shift solinods. They cleaned it up and took it out for a 3rd test drive and the problem came back. There doing a tear down on the trans right now. They think its a bad install job from Rosslers guys. Will keep you guys posted on any more info on WTF is goin on. Also tryed calling rossler and thats just a joke.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

sorry to bring up an old post,

but what happened next?

Search this Thread