Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are my options for a 4l60e?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Default What are my options for a 4l60e?

ok truck is my daily driver. that comes before performance of any kind so a 350 or 400 is completely out. i dont care how good of gas mileage you get with yours, if its less than 20 in the city its not enough.

having said that, the truck is an 04 chevy colorado with the 3.5 i5 backed by obviously a 60e. i have been holding off for a while to build my single turbo setup for it as there were no tuning options available. now HP Tuners has released the software so its go time. the truck will have a custom built single setup with an sc61 pushing around 10psi+. at first im keeping it 350rwhp or less as the tranny will be stock minus a good cooler. but i want to really turn the boost up later on. i doubt an 80e is my best option because the engine is so small so it wont make a ton in the low end and the tranny will eat up a lot of power. being that its turboed it wont be always making 450+rwhp (on the high boost setting) either so that might help life a bit.

what are my options for a good shifting but decently priced transmission here? like i said, it MUST be daily driver friendly so no insanely hard shifts, nor will it have a huge stall (maybe 28-3200 at the most) so the heat should be kept down.

being as the ls2 is mated to a 60e (i think?) in the trailblazer ss, would that be a viable option to rebuild it using those parts? or does anyone know if the 60e in an fbody will fit (so i can use an exchange program with a tranny builder that sponsors here)?