Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tranny Advice

Have 4L60E w/ stock converter on my 02' Firehawk which appears to have taken a dump this weekend. (60K mi BTW) Car is pulling about 407rwhp (at last dyno).

A few questions/comments:

* Never really looked into tranny options (until it broke of course) so I wanted some advice on what I should be looking for. I don't race very often (track about 3 times a year) but want something strong enough w/o getting ridiculous.
* I saw mention of some sponsors that have great deals on trannys. Any recommendations? I'm located in So Cal but would have no problems ordering online.
* Forgive my ingorance but other than 4L60E I don't have a friggin' clue on what to look for. I've seen references to 700R4 on a few links and don't want to go thru any crazy conversion kits, just want something strong, economically reasonable and compatible. Only keeping the car about another year so I'd really like to keep the cost (for parts at least) under $1500, cheaper but reliable would be better

Whatever advise would be greatly appreciated. - Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just ordered an art carr 4l60e 1yr written warranty, knowing that i'm going to race it with nitrous at the track every week if possible. the guys word to me were you won't break our tranny
Old 05-11-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get it rebuilt to a 4l65e and get a different tc, that will allow you to keep your od and still have better parts then a stock tranny