Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny cooler questions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny cooler questions..

Will i have to have a fan on a aftermarket tranny cooler to keep it cool driving around town? Where would be the best place to mount the cooler to keep the tranny temps down w/FTRA?

PS: The radiator is bypassed as well.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the B&M super cooler. I have FTRA and i mounted mine in front of the air dam on the passenger side. Its facing down, but the front is slightly up. If you look under the car straight in front, I can see that the rushing air will hit the fins.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

I also have the B&M Super cooler with a 3800 2.4 verter. I did not bypass the radiator and have no aux cooling fan for the cooler. My tranny temps rarely get much higher than 150 deg even when beating on the car.

I custom mounted my cooler directly behind the bottom opening in the front fascia on PS on my T/A - the air flowing thru this opening directly hits the cooler face straight on. Mounted my Mocal Oil Cooler behind the opening on the DS in the same manner...

I did have the FTRA but have just recently removed it in favor of a Volant CAI, with my nostril openings debaffled and custom ducts made to funnel air directly from hood openings into Volant sealed box. I would expect to see lower coolant temps now that I have removed the FTRA obstruction that was covering a good portion of my rad frontage area.

-Jay-