Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Yank 3500!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installed Yank 3500!!!

I finally got off my butt and put that bad boy in today. It is a Yank ST3500 with a 2.5 STR. Install took 7 hours including the B&M 24K cooler. It was actually scary how simple it all was. I've never done this before.....but I did have a lift which was a lifesaver. The only hurdle we had was getting the tranny to separate from the engine. The two alignment tabs did not want to let go.

This is a used TC, so I didn't feel any need for a break-in period. TC only has 8K easy miles on it. First impressions...... WOW! This car is a whole new beast. Every aspect of driving is different now. It works so well and I haven't tuned it yet.

To get moving and accelerate slowly, it takes about 2200-2300 RPMs. To keep up with traffic from a light, it takes about 2800-3000 RPMs. To really start pulling, 3500 RPMs. The dead spots are indeed gone as everyone says, and shift extension at WOT is 5100 RPMs . I absolutely love it and cannot believe that I did not install this sooner. Traction is nonexistent in first, but it pulls so hard in second and third gear.

Still need to do some tuning and install a shift kit, but I am most likely getting a new tranny this fall.....proly a RPM level 4. So the shift kit will have to wait. The tranny cooler was mounted dope style and I bypassed the radiator. I drilled some holes through the air dam for the cooler lines. I will eventually install another cooler on the other side and use two. I will also be getting a temp gauge next week so I can monitor my temps.

All in all, hands down the sweetest mod I have done so far. I would recommend to anyone and would also recommend installing yourself. Very simple. My only regret is that I don't live by a track anymore to see what she'd do. So for now, my 12.98 will have to stick . TC's rock!