Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few 4l60e questions... (need shifter pics too)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few 4l60e questions... (need shifter pics too)

Well, soon enough I am going to be doing one of two things.. either A) swapping out for a stock m6 with prolly around 60k miles on it or so for 1800(full swap including labor).. B) saving alittle more and getting a built one, and swapping that for around 2100(including labor), or... C) Rebuilding my 4l60e strong for around 600(including labor), adding a stall.. (300ish?), and a yummy cooler(havent really checked out the pricing on this.)

So this is my question... Which one is going to get my car across that 1/4 faster?(assuming I am a slightly above average driver with a manual.. not saying I am, but hey, lets play along). Which one will take a better beating?
and will I be able to roll race well with the a4, and not kill it?(I roll race alot more than going to the track.. it's more random, and I like that factor).

I also hate how the stock a4 shifter looks, so I would want something different.. I've seen a wierd a4 shifter with a stick like this \| if you can get the idea from that lovely art. basically a silver stick with a another stickish piece coming up that you squeeze to shift. Anyone know what that is.. and anyone have any non-stock shifters that you could show me?

Rough decision, and an expensive one, so I want to make the right one. my car is a 94 z28 by the way, and I will be doing h/c shortly after the transmission is solved. This is my DD.

Oh, also I read other threads on the subject, but wanted to get some opinions directed at my exact situation. thanks!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i swapped from a 6-spd to an auto. With only a 3500 converter and some tranny tuning I was able to run the same from a roll. The advantage of the stalled auto, is you can pretty much run from any roll you want because of the stall.

The auto was about 4 tenths faster in the 1/4 though.

So I'd say keep the auto, build it and get a stall.