Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny going retarted?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny going retarted?

Recently I have had longtubes installed ( about a month ago) , my check engine light is on too because i have no cats or o2 sims in right now. My security light has also come on in the past 3 weeks . My car has been acting weird with the radio turning on and off, and sometiimes the windows not going down, but then going down like 5 min after.

Anyways, about the tranny. SOMETIMES, when i am driving it will drop down to a low RPM and start bucking kind of. I noticed it does this more with the a/c on. Also,if i get on it ( during the times the rpms drop down) it will take a second to respond . I'm not sure if this is related to the lt's and i really doubt it is, since I had a pro install them. My egr is also blocked off , if that would affect anything. My check enginge light was flashing too . I'm hoping its just the spark plugs...

My car has 123k miles on the stock a4 . Mods in sig.

Last edited by BlackTA98 LS1; 06-27-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i could be wrong, but this sounds like more of an electrical problem. your wiring or alternator may be going bad.

remember, it's a 4L60-E. that E means it's electronic. it needs electricity to function properly. if your electrical system is dying, the transmission may have problems running the electronics inside causing it to freak out like you're describing. it may not even be the tranny, it may be low voltage to your PCM.

take note i'm no expert here. i'm just tying to apply science to the problem you're describing. you may wanna consider a voltage test of some sort.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see, so I guess that is related to the security light. If it is related to the security light, then why is the check engine light blinking
Old 06-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Just a sugestion, but you said you recently had LT's installed, look and see if your wiring harness isnt touching somewhere and burning through. That would be my first guess. Never heard of a bad alternator causing any issues other than a car dying. Good Luck