Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock tranny acting funny for last 3 days

Old 06-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stock tranny acting funny for last 3 days

stock stall stock converter stoc everything tranny wise. car only has bolt ons and has 47K on the clock. here is my deal:

in every gear its driving fine once engaged. shifts fine, drives fine, at wot will shift directly at its shift point in every gear. only deal is in 4th gear crusing at regular speeds when you take your foot off of the gas completly and reapply it there is a slight rev and then you feel the engagment. if you watch the tack it revs about 200rpm and then drops back down. the shop here says thats the converter clutches locking down but its just done it three days. also if you are in "D" at 60 or so, take your foot off the gas, shift to "OD" and reapply throttle it will increase about 300-500rpm, drop back down to were it started revving up from, and then drive normally. everything is fine if your dont completly take your foot off but if you do you will feel it almost miss getting into 4th. does it every time unless you really ease back on the throttle in 4th after letting it completly out. any ideas? no CELS and nothing other than that is acting weird.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

sounds to me like converter locking.....hows the fluid look?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:31 AM
Staging Lane

fluid looks fine...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

both my A4 f-bodies have always done that. wait til OD when it locks up, take your foot off, put it back on and the rpm's will increase and you'll hear a SMALL rev. i've never seen it shoot up 500rpm's though. it shoots up like 100-200 rpm's. maybe you've just never NOTICED this before. cars do i lot of things that seem strange if you dwell on it, especially if you've never specifically checked before. this just may seem like a new problem because you've never actually seen it happen when it has in fact always done this. you're just simply looking now and freaking yourself out.

Search this Thread