Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque converter , Stall converter

Old 06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque converter , Stall converter

Is there a special way you have to put the stall in when installing it , cause when i put my old torque converter in my old transmission then bolted it to the engine i heard a poping sound when i started tightening the bolt from the tranni to the block , then when i got everything bolted up from the flex plate to the torque converter the tranmission when shifted it , it would not engague , so there for there was no fluid curculating through the tranmission lines , how can i prevent this , what do i need to do .. ?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default tranmission

Is there a special way you have to put the stall in when installing it , cause when i put my old torque converter in my old transmission then bolted it to the engine i heard a poping sound when i started tightening the bolt from the tranni to the block , then when i got everything bolted up from the flex plate to the torque converter the tranmission when shifted it , it would not engague , so there for there was no fluid curculating through the tranmission lines , how can i prevent this , what do i need to do .. ?
Old 07-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

A lot of people will tell you three clicks to get it seated. I never heard any clicks when I put TCs in though. I would just get a straight edge and a ruler and check the depth after sliding it on. Also, rotate it as you're sliding it on so that it goes the whole way on.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

I definatly felt the 3 clicks while rotating the converter on the input shaft, this is CRUCIAL! If you put it not all the way on and start/drive the car you can really screw up the tranny
Old 07-03-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Built 4l60e Tranni

Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Built 4l60e Tranni That Can Handle About 500hp ?

Search this Thread