Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If not 4 Bad Luck

Old 07-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy If not 4 Bad Luck

ok I have had my z28 down for about a month now everything is done I got my 4l60e back up and car started sounds perfect. now there is a black hose that goes from the top of the tranny down and clips on the tourqe are almost like a air hose. I would post a pic of it but I cant find my camera cord.. anyway I followed it up the tranny and it goes to a T. Now this is my problem before I dropped my tranny it shifted fine now it will not auto shift any gear I can manually shift 1st, 2nd, 3rd is like N fluid is correct I am wondering if that hose is why it wont shift please help...

Rocket
Old 07-04-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

That hose is just a vent. I've heard of some people puking fluid up the dipstick from it not being hooked up/plugged. I've never heard of it causing shifting problems, since it's only a vent.

I would double check and make sure you dont have any pinched wires and that everything is hooked up/plugged in tight. It does sound like a wiring issue since it worked fine when you removed it.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Teching In

I will check to see man i hope so cause it is driving me nutz be back to let ya know
Old 07-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Teching In

ok I double checked everything and its all connected no pinching wires or anything the big green plug on the passenger side is plugged in with the white arrow facing out toward the door everything else is connected... I am stumped
I can manually shift from 1st to 2nd D just revs, when I start out in OD it never shifts from 1st to 2nd HELP

Search this Thread