Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60e wont auto shift after install

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60e wont auto shift after install

ok here it is I dropped my tranny cause I broke the top bell off of my starter snapped my flywheel, sheared the 2 upper bolts off my rear main seal housing and managed to break off the top drivers side bolt hole on the rear main housing. Dropped tranny twice cause the first time I was a dumbass and lubed the inside of the rear seal "there went 5 quarts on the ground." 2nd time perfect no leaks nothin put it in D and it would not shift out of 1st so i stopped and off I went shifting manually 1st 2nd and when it went to 3rd it was like it was in N. B4 I dropped the tranny it shifted fine, everything I did was new rear seal and housing new tranny filter and gasket new ujoints. Also here is a pic of the only thing on the tranny that I am stumpped on there is a black hose that runs from the top of tranny down and clips on the tourqe arm so it does not drag on the ground. The hose has a plastic T, I have no idea where that goes here is a pic of the T tonight
Attached Thumbnails 4L60e wont auto shift after install-picture-025.jpg   4L60e wont auto shift after install-picture-027.jpg  
Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 AM
9 Second Club

mine did the same thing, it blew a cooler line, and I lost the 3-4 on mine, I do not know very much about trannies but it is a start, as for the tube it is a vent tube from the top of the tranny.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Teching In

I'm going out to check the cooler lines now, I bought the Haynes Techbook # 10360 GM auto transmission overhaul book. Took it out of the plastic opened to the 1st page in small print " does not include the electronic THM700-R4 (4L60-E)
THM440-T4 (4T60-E)" Man I was pissed so I called around and found the 4L60-E
tech GM tech Manual gotta pick it up @ 2pm will let you know if the cooler line is it.