Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Mount

I installed my new ES tranny mount in my 97 TA and like alot of others, I have the dreaded vibration....it seems to be getting better but I drive the car every day and it is annoying.. I did a search and have some questions still.

I am hearing people talking about the transmission geometry changes with the installation of this mount...am I correct? What do I need to do? I installed the mount, plate and the new bolts and washers.

Buddy of mine installed one then rebalanced his driveshaft...this took most of the vibration away....I was thinking of upgrading to an LS1 aluminum shaft.

I installed the mount with the jack under the transmission still...should have I installed the cross member loose, get the jack out from under it, then tightened the bolts?

Just trying to eliminate any slight vibration I can to make it more of a pleasure to drive.

What about placing a thin piece of flat rubber (approx.1/16" thick) between the plates? Would it help?

Thanks for any pointers.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

It isn't going to get better, trust me. I'm putting the stocker back in. Don't know why I changed it out to be honest. I guess I wanted extra insurance, but I think it's un-necessary on an auto.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

I got onto the car a little bit and tore the thing in half...the rubber split from the metal mounting plate....my budy went to the strip once and tore a brand new stocker....I may get the 1LE mount and be done with it.

Thanks!
Mike
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Just so you know, I researched that whole "1LE" thing and what I found was for our cars it's all the same mount, they don't make two different ones anymore.