Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Please: Problems with my new built trans and Fuddle Stall.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice Please: Problems with my new built trans and Fuddle Stall.

Hey all:

I had my stock trans fully built ( Close to Rock-On trans ) and changed from my 3,200 TCI 2.0 str to a Fuddle 3,200 2.1 str.

See my sig for all my mods.

I just put on 350 miles on the trans and decided to hammer on it and see what it would do from a roll. I tried a few different speeds also. 15, 30, 45 and 60 MPH rolls. It all felt the same. It kicked down but it didnt throw you in the seat like it use to. It was just a slow pull.

To top it off, on the way home, I played with a bone 05-06 Mustang GT convertable ( lives in my neighborhood ). From a roll 15-80 MPH and I only pulled maybe 2 cars . My friends 03 Cobra has a few bolt ons and a KB at 17 psi and from a roll up to 140 MPH we stay almost dead even with me on just the motor.

Also my car is fully tunned and ran awesome and pulled very hard from a roll before the new trans and stall. All I did was have my trans built and new stall with the same specs.

I just fill sick to my stomach now. I want my car back the way it use to run.

Any help would be much apperciated. Thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure your car is downshifting to the right gear may be hangin in the wrong(high) gear
Old 07-13-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he is smart enough to tell what gear the car is in.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

You might autotap your car while you run it and see what is going on ... maybe for some reason your timing is being retarded, or your shift extension on your new converter is not what it should be. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe there is a greater divergence in stall speed or STR between the two converters than the advertised numbers indicate and thus they "feel" very different.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat of the pants is not a good way to compare. The looser a stall, the less *torque* feel you get but you are actually going faster. Hard to describe. Form a roll, though, it should *feel* harder hitting.

My Fuddle felt slower than my stock converter. But, that changed in a few days. Track results told all. Gains of 0.45s with a 3000/2.0. And then I learnt what going fast was meant to feel like. An linear rate of acceleration doesnt push you in your seat. An increasing rate does. But you are still accelerating! Furthermore, you may be accelerating at a faster rate than before, might not.

Get some logs under your belt before you make a decision. You might be surprised. Not saying its not what you say, but dont make a rash decision and blow your money.