Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise on 4l65e performance parts for an engine swap?

Old 07-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on 4l65e performance parts for an engine swap?

Ok so i'm putting a 5.3l out of a tahoe into a s-10. I purchased a 4l65e tranny to go back the motor that came out of a 2003 escalde. The motor is stock for now other then headers and a k&n filter. In the near future i'm going to be runing a 75-100 wet shot and put on some pullies.

I'm looking at getting a transgo or B&M shift kit. I've heard that the transgo kits are only worth it if you know alot about transmissions because you have lots of options on what settings to do and the B&M is more an instal and forget about it. I was wondering about your opions on the two.

I will also going to be getting a corvet servo.

And the big question is what stall to get. This is going to be a daily driver and is NOT going to be raced at the track so streetable is a big concern. However it will be a fun street car so i need a middle point inbetween gay and fun. It is also not going to be used for towing as you can probably guess if that matters even?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

getting a modified stock converter should produce good results.we take the stock ls style converter and raise the stall to 2800 rpms by milling the stator and usind a different turbine.this is no way makes the converter any weaker.they are priced at 299.00 making them a relatively cheap addition to the package without sacrificing durabilty ,performance or fuel efficiency.

Search this Thread