Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transbrake Wiring, Sound Right, Questions inside?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transbrake Wiring, Sound Right, Questions inside?

Had to call up the Jegs man to find out what wires go to what part of the switch etc. and this is basically what he told me.

Run an ign switched source of 12 volts 20 amps ( 20 amps is what it says on switch side) to the switch. This source must be fused and a 25 amp fuse will work as it gives you 5 amps of lee way. The power wire goes into the "COM" standing for common terminal of the switch. Now run a wire from the "NO" standing for normally open terminal of the switch to the transbrake solenoid. Then take the other wire of the selenoid on the transbrake and ground it to the chassis, transmission pan, or any good ground source.

First Question: Where is a good source to get 20 amps switched by the ignition. I've got a few open spots considering all the stuff i've pulled out of this car in the fuse panel on the interior of the car. Will that work?

Second Question: I'm guessing I can go get a 25 amp chip fuse and holder from the local hardware store? Got any recommendations for a particular nationwide store?

Third Question: There are two wires from the solenoid on the transbrake. I remember the guy saying in Jegs that it didn't matter how I wired those wires, be it the switched wire and ground, they can be run either way. Somehow i'd imagine that is not true. Maybe I mis understood him.

Thanks for the help, never wired a brake before and need just a little help considering wiring's not really a strong point of mine.

Last edited by DAPSUPRSLO; 07-21-2006 at 07:13 AM.