Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice: Need a little help with my shift points and O/D on my new set-up

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice: Need a little help with my shift points and O/D on my new set-up

Hey all:

First I have a 2002 Camaro with all the Bolt-ons, Heads & Cam, fully built trans ( Close to a Rock-On type trans ) with a Fuddle stall with a 2.1 STR. My old set-up was with a TCI 3,200 stall with a 2.0 STR amd the stock trans and the car whould pull hard at ANY MPH I hammered it at.

What the car is doing from a ROLL: Anything under 15 MPH and when you hammer it the car drops to first and pulls like it should.

Now from anything over 20 MPH the car drops a gear and does not pull that hard at all.

Also it is going into O/D between 38-40 MPH

Do I just need to move the MPH up when it goes into over drive? If so what would be a good MPH? I was think around 60 MPH or so.

Any advice would be much apperciated. Thanks
Old 07-22-2006, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at full throttle mine doesnt shift into OD until around 130 mph...shifts to 2nd somewhere between 40-50, shifts to 3rd somewhere between 85-95, shifts to OD pretty high up...thats on a pretty much stock car although i doubt your shift points should be much different except for the fact that you have different gears...