Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spraying a 100 or 150 shot with a PT4000

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spraying a 100 or 150 shot with a PT4000

First off I know this is too much converter for N20 with my stock engine. However, if anyone has tried this, what was your shift extension? My SI engine falls on its face above 6000 RPM so if the shift extension if higher than that while spraying it, this is a step backwards. There's just this younger guy with a blown Mustang that needs to be taught a lesson. I've been challenged to a race for money at the track by him and he's putting down a couple hundred more horsepower than I am at the moment. I'm just thinking about leveling the playing field a tad. Shift extension above 6000? Let me know. Thanks. BTW, I plan on calling Yank in the morning to get their opinion on this as well but I appreciate input from LS1Tech. Also Mods, if this should be in the Nitrous section please move it for me.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case anyone was wondering the answer to this I called Yank as I said. Shift extension with a 100 shot should be at or very near 6000 and over 6000 with a 150 shot. Too much for a SI engine. They said it wouldn't hurt the converter but I needed to be shifting much higher (around 7000) for this to work well. They also did indicate that with a 150 shot it might blow right through the converter. Oh well, it was at least worth a shot.

Quick Reply: Spraying a 100 or 150 shot with a PT4000