Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny pressure is all over the place!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny pressure is all over the place!!!!

me and my buddy have been having a problem getting my tranny to shift right from 2-3. i have been talking to dave at rock on and he is being a huge help. we did what he said with the pin that goes in the accumulater to help adjust the tranny pressure. it is vaccum modulated. the ideal pressure is 230psi at wot and about 170-180psi during the shift is what dave told me. as it sits right now the pressure is never the same. one wot pull the pressure is at 250psi (i know thats way to high) the next wot pull it is at 170psi. during lock up its at 200psi and than next time it goes to lock up its at 160psi. one time it even went from 180psi at wot all the way down to 100psi during the shift. we tried everything we could think of within the pin size for the accumulater. the only other thing i could think of is that dave said that they have had a few complaints that some of the vaccum modulaters have been sticking and the only conclusion me and my buddy can come to is that mine is sticking sometimes and that is why the pressure is all over the place. so im gonna talk to dave tomorrow and see what he says and may go ahead and order another vaccum modulator.

if anyone has any ideas or thoughts anything would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

thanks,
David