Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF's going on with my A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF's going on with my A4

So I recently installed my QTP LT's and a custom ORY and everything seemed fine so I gave PCMforless a call and got me a tune ordered up to clear all the codes and pick up some power/firm the shifts up. Well we've been going back and forth for a while now but anyways the trannys been acting completely screwy ever since I installed the tuned pcm and they even sent me a factory tuned pcm and its still doing it now From a stop it will stay in first up till you let off the throttle some and at WOT it just bounces off the rev limiter. It also seems to try to shift into first no matter how fast I'm going if I stomp on it cause I'll be going 60 or 70 and stomp on it and instead of shifting into 2nd and going it just pegs up to the redline everytime. Also if I stick the gear selector down into 1 and try to shift up to 2 and D on my own it wont shift at all I have to put in drive and let off the gas before it will shift. I have no clue what could be the problem, is there some kind of sensor going bad on me or what? Surely my tranny didn't just take a dump at the exact same time as I installed the tune but I'm clueless as to what it could be and am running out of ideas.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tps maybe....vss maybe.....maf......map...tranny uses these to shift schedule..maybe the tune has some of these out of wack...sounds more like you lost tps signal any codes
Old 08-03-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

No I wasn't throwing any codes, I'm not to familar with the vss or map abbreviations so if you could fill me in on that...but now I've got a factory tuned pcm in and its still doing it (I figured it was something in the tune) and of course I'm throwing codes now but I figure its just emissions stuff. Could it have been just some weird coincidence that it went out when I got the tune installed or not?? Also how do I check for any of these things to be out of whack, should I just take it to my mechanic and let him figure it out or is this something I can do on my own?? Thanks!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Anyone??? I really need to fix this ASAP