Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rock on transmissions level 5= how MUCH$??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock on transmissions level 5= how MUCH$??

i can't find pricing anywhere . it is the age old question rock on or flt or whoever else... pricing is a factor somewhat and i know both are good.

any help is appreciated.

if somebody from rock-on reads this you guys GOTTA put pricing on your website. kind of turns possible customers away when there is no price listed...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

stage 4 is like 1875
Old 09-06-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Second Club

how about stage 5?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

i dont even think they go that high. matter of fact, the only one i've ever heard of is the lvl 4...

keep in mind one shop's lvl 4 may be equivalent to another shop's lvl 5 because they build stuff differently...
Old 09-06-2006, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

talked to dave today- really nice guy to deal with.

for everybody's info it is 2450$ for the level 5.

he explained that the recent customer service issues as of latey are due to health issues.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like fuddle
Old 09-07-2006, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

wow, i had no ****** clue they made higher than a lvl 4. so what makes a lvl 5 better than my lvl 4? no info on the site...and i paid 2281 for mine, the price went up for a lvl 4 a while ago...
Old 09-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Teching In

dave is a great guy and no offense but those of you who don't like him or his shop are either idiots or impatient chumps....i've heard alot of trash talk from alot of people on this board. but my experience has been good.nd he has went out of his way to make sure things are perfect.the guys are top notch....and yes dave has had health problems but even still he was there the whole holiday weekend working to please everyone.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by clone
dave is a great guy and no offense but those of you who don't like him or his shop are either idiots or impatient chumps....i've heard alot of trash talk from alot of people on this board. but my experience has been good.nd he has went out of his way to make sure things are perfect.the guys are top notch....and yes dave has had health problems but even still he was there the whole holiday weekend working to please everyone.
lol i thought that thread got moved and locked(sorta)...
Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I cant speak for everyone, but this is my issue...
I talked to Dave at the begining of August and ordered my stage 4, quoted 10 bussiness days, which would have been August 22nd. I scheduled an appointment to put the tranny in a week after that, just in case it didnt arrive in time. I still havent got the tranny, and I can understand health issues, fine no problem. I have talked to Dave and agree he is a real nice guy.
But while that is all fine and dandy, there is no reason why I should not be able to get a straight answer as to WHERE my tranny is or WHEN i will get it.
I have left 2 messages, not returned, and spoke to a woman there, whom the 1st time I asked the status of my tranny, she said "I dont know, I will call you back later today". That was 2 weeks ago and I havent gotten that call.
I called back a week later and she said that some trannies shipped out and I should get it by the 5th or 6th. but again, she couldnt tell me if my tranny was in that shipment or not.
I aint even bitchin about not havent it, what is irritating me is I CANT EVEN GET AN ANSWER ON ITS STATUS!!!! My $2000 was taken from my account lickity split. The least I should get is a straight answer so I can let my mechanic know..
having said that, Dave seems to be a nice guy and I hope he rectifies this problem.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

then i can say you are an idiot or patient chump for liking him

i pretty much had the same problem, dave himself is a nice guy but i never got a call back or a straight forward answer basically it just showed up finally surprising everyone. plus it didn't work. whole nother story.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry you guys are having problems , I imagine hes a very small shop or and individual building transmissions couple that with some illness or other issues and it very very easy to get behind , While its true you can save just a little money with and individual the illness or other issues can be the price of it , I have read some about his transmissions on a couple sites and overall the general reveiws were good , Im sure hes probably not out to screw anyone ,I dont know him nor have i ever met him just with there being so many people who seemed pleased with what they got I imagine he has some ligit issues he may be dealing with perhaps patience will pay off !
performabuilt
Old 09-09-2006, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

i just got confirmation my rock-on will be leaving texas no later than monday. rock-on is a great company to deal with if you send them your core,

i guess they have issues with buying cores with the $300 core charge, because mine was paid and i still got called several times asking for a core. ironically i brokem my rock-on on the install and had to send both the core and the built one back to them.

part 2 of the story is that the freight company lost the core. WTF??? lost it??? yep, and rock-on is telling me it will be a few days before my built trans will be finished. turns out it was sitting on the freight company's docks in texas for a week and they were just stepping around it. i call them up and raise a little hell...later that same day day AMY CALLS ME from rock-on (this past thursday) and tells me they recieved the core and that my built trans will ship out possibly friday, monday at the latest.

and whoever was next in line, dont worry they have my core and they will be transforming into your rock-on trans in no time...

i am back in love with rock-on. moral of the story is if you cant get your core to them when or soon after you order (i.e. i yours is a daily driver) you are fucked up the *** on waiting times, just be ready. i believe the reason is rock-on relies heavily on cores and if one doesnt come in, that means the next guy's trans doesnt get built until it does...
Old 09-27-2006, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

LMAO, well im glad you had a good experience with them. I havent and im not an idiot or an impatient chump . I just want something in return for the $1500 they have had of mine for 4 months. I have an idea, how about you try calling and get me something from them since they are so good to you.