Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transcooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default transcooler

alrite so im getting my trans built. the trans builder wants to move my cooler because he said its useloose mounting it dope style u gota by pass the radiator. if this runs 20 degrees cooler then ya id do it but i would highly doute it does. i like the guy and hes a good guy but i think hes just getting alittle money hungry with me. i'm afraid hes gonna say well im not gonna warrante the trans unless we by pass the radiator. how many people run their tranny coolers dope style??? he says its totally useless. wants 2 put 1 of his coolers in and by pass the radiator and it isn't even the maxium cooler. its like a 19000 GVW cuz he said he doesnt no if were gonna be able 2 re use mine cuz he thinks their is gonna be metal in it. the tranny cooler is like 2 months old i mean come on. ya know its like if i see the trans temps high ill put another cooler in. theres people i know that mount there transcoolers dope style on here. help me out on this guys. wat kinda trans temps do u see with a dope style mounted tranny cooler with an SS3600 Yenk.

thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I've been running mine dope style (24K) for a few years now w/no problems. Why bypass the radiator and then use a smaller one? Sorry, don't have a temp gauge so can't speak to actual temps...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I concur with running the cooler separate from the radiator and hes probably right your having tranny rebuilt why ? it died and there may be metal in it even if it was bought yesterday ,
thanks
performabuilt
Old 09-07-2006, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone say grammar?? Bypass the radiator, a lot of people do it, myself included. I am running a B&M 24K cooler mounted dope style and I take my temp reading from the cooler line that comes out of the tranny....basically the hottest temps the tranny sees. On 100*+ days I stay at 180* on the highway and 200-210* in the city with a lot of stop and go. It's been nice and cool lately (80's) and I stay around 150-160* on the highway and 180* in the city. With as hot as the summers are here, I will probably invest in another cooler or a deep pan, but not too bad as is.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the trans is fine guys. shifts beautiful. nothing is wrong im getting it built 2 hold for the track and the cam down the road. nothing wrong with the trans at all. im just building it up and throwing a 3600 Yenk convertor in it to hold for the track in the spring.

let me know

thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i had to have mine redone becuse the radiator one clogged up and burnt up the clutches in it i went with the biggest aftermarket one there was and spent 100 bucks installed cheaper than redoing another tranny anyway you slice it