Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do I Do????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do I Do????

ive been reading and reading about all the stalls for my trans and im getting more and more confused. I have a 99 z28 with free mods flowmaster and an airlid. im really wanting to go faster so im looking into getting a stall. ive heard alot of good on the yank 3600 but this one is very pricey. then ive read about others that arent as pricey but they are loose or just shitty. what size stall do you reccomend for a daily driver and what kind also. also what kind of trans cooler should i get and would it be a good idea to get a shift kit also?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DD stalls are dependant on what the driver is willing to tolerate. 3200-3500 is good for DD in my opinion. Some members use 4000-4400 in DD's. I would go with Yank or Vigilante...they seem to have the best quality. As for looseness, that is somewhat dependant on what STR your TC comes with. A higher STR will be tighter and less efficient on the top end. It will also hit harder out of the hole. A lower STR will feel looser and be more efficient up top while not hitting as hard on the launch. My STR is 2.5 and I think it's perfect. Talk to the manufacturers and they can tell you what will fit your needs. B&M 24K cooler is more than sufficient to keep everything cool.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Regular

Hijack! Lets throw Fuddle and Edge int the mix. what do you guys say now?
Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrCadillac
Hijack! Lets throw Fuddle and Edge int the mix. what do you guys say now?
Those are certainly viable choices as well. I have a Yank because I got one hell of a deal on it. Took me from wanting one and not being able to afford it to having one and loving every second of it. I have read plenty in this section about TC's and it seems like Yank and Vig are the best out there. I have heard a lot of negative about Fuddle, but they would have been my second choice most likely. I can't give you feedback on the other brands because this is my first TC. But the high dollar ones are worth every penny.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

i have one of my buddies selling me a tci 3600 converter with a shift kit and trans cooler for 600. would you say that is a good deal? i also did some more reading on tci and i seen if you add a billet front cover that there shall be no problem with it is this true? and if so where can i pick that cover up?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

you would have to send the converter back to tci to have the billet cover added. I wouldn't want a tci in my trans to grenade and take the $1300 trans with it. what shift kit? the only one worth getting is the trand-go HD2.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

well ive heard nothing but bad about tci so i said **** that deal. im going to go ahead and keep looking around for a good price. The shift kit is the transgo shiftkit but it doesnt say anything about hd2 so im going to go ahead and keep looking around. what is the difference in the transgo shift kit and the transgo shiftkit hd2
Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 AM
TECH Regular

well, the good trans go shift kit is about 80-100 bux. (HD2), I do know of several places that sell a "modified" HD2, that goes under a different trans go #. I know probuilt automatics sells a modified kit, or if you buy a HD2, will tell you how to modify it. the modified is ideal, as it takes care of a few weak points. theres also a $35 "jr" trans go kit, which is really not worth dealing with.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:26 AM
On The Tree

ive heard i cant leave links on here so if you go to ls1speeds website and you go under transmission they are selling a shift kit for 110 and it is a transgo but it says nothing about hd2. Also i went on the transgo website and they have shift kits and they have programmers. the one i was looking at had the washers and all the gaskets with an information video. would i be better off doing both? that is reprogramming the trans and getting the washer kit?