Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e question.mine broke

Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e question.mine broke

ok here is what happened I had a small rattle coming from my transmision for a few days didn't pay it much attention sounded like a loose heatshield or something of that nature only would do it in park it seemed and the car was driving well then noticed that in 4th gear it seemed to be sliping a little if I gave it more gas but not enough to make it kick into 3rd any how on my way to work I notice the rattle got realy bad and then power stoped going to the wheels had to pull to side of interstate. and found that rattle was gone but car would not shift or move into any gear except park car would not move at all could some one tell me if the whole transmission is shot or is it more likely just the conerter or something along those lines?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its hard to say, transmissions are highly involved pieces internally with all types of valleys and channels,pressures that fluid goes through to get the car to shift and move.
The first thing I would do is check the fluid, see if its burnt,low. Also look for metal shavings.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can contact any of our vendors here on the board. They are all pretty knowladgable in these situations..
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

to start you could check the shift gear select linkage or whatever it is called. aside from that it more than likely could be something inside...
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Based on what your saying you will be needing a transmission , Which I know sucks , But be sure and look around and ask lots of questions before you purchase from anyone
Performabuilt

Search this Thread