Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Cooler Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question B&M Cooler Installation

Alright, I just finished up the installation of my tranny cooler and it came out really nicely actually. I mounted it "Dope Style" and bypassed the factory transmission cooler. My question is does it matter what side of the cooler the lines attach too?

Heres some pics.

Thanks

Old 09-16-2006, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it doesn't it. I thought the same thing and the B&M's are universal. It would have specified which side was "in" and "out" if it mattered. Get a tranny temp gauge and keep an eye on it. Extra reassurance.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Sweet deal! thanks

Yeah I probably will end up doing that. Do you have one? And where did you mount yours?
Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I mounted mine dope style a while back. As far as the temperature guage, I bought a used B&M deep pan that already had a plugged hole for the sending unit. I get my temp right from the fluid in the pan.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

sorry to bring this thread from the dead but do you guys just use the factory trans cooler lines and run them into the bm cooler instead of the factory cooler? and is this the best way to mount the cooler? im going to be doing my install soon and just trying to learn up as much as i can on it...thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

i just used the factory cooler lines and whatever came with the cooler. i chose to not bypass the factory cooler. temps never been over 180 degrees
Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put mine in front of the condenser. i just felt it looked best there in comparison to dope style. i bypassed the radiator and used the factory lines and the extra lines that came with the cooler as well.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
sorry to bring this thread from the dead but do you guys just use the factory trans cooler lines and run them into the bm cooler instead of the factory cooler?
Some bypass the radiator, believing that it adds, rather than subtracts heat. Some include it in the path, thinking that it aids in the cooling effort.

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
and is this the best way to mount the cooler? im going to be doing my install soon and just trying to learn up as much as i can on it...thanks!
Some mount it dope stype, as in this thread. Some mount it in front of the condensor. Both seem to work.
My setup is bypass and condensor, and I seldom see temps north of 180 degrees. Except on summer nights at the track with some hard runs, it will creep up. Which is to be expected, of course.