Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with TCI flexplate and ARP bolts.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with TCI flexplate and ARP bolts.

Did you guys have to buy washers for the flexplate bolts. And did you grind off the powder coat for fear of it flaking off and the flexplate coming loose? And if you did use washers were did you get them Let me know ASAP! Thanks for the help. Yes I did a search but did get the anser I was looking for.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

i ground off the powder coat on mine just in case, i heard from TCI they had some new coating that didnt flake off and loosen the bolts but who knows...
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM
9 Second Club

It does come with a new coating. I just got the wrong flexplate sent to me. And the new one will be here tomorrow. Im trying to cover all the bases so I can finish my car and race in the cold weather
Old 09-26-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

No washers are needed. I used the same ARP bolts from my flywheel and used them on my TCI flexplate.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

install it per directions apparently if you dont install it like they say you have problems.. go figure haha

problem with any powdercoating is that its going to chip and flake.. if powdercoat is put on thick, it can increase thickness of the piece. think about it, if you put 2mm of powdercoating on a part, there is 4 mm of powdercoat that can work its way off. i had this problem on wheels i powdercoated, inbetween the hub and the wheel, and the bolts and the wheels the powdercoat came off in some places, making a gap, and loosing the lugnuts.. i knew it was going to happen so id constantly check my lugnuts.. on a flexplate you cant really do that.. for a safe measure id still grind off the coating between areas that are going to be up against something else