TCI or ATI???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TCI or ATI???

th350, manual valve body.
from the online ads, to the salesman, its a tough call.
they are within dollars of each other, just dont know if one is really better than the other.
both guys say they use good parts, improved lubrication and soforth.
its always better to get an opinion to people that have actually had some kinda luck, wheather good or bad.
thanks!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TJ why dont you build one.

Joe
Old 10-01-2006, 08:20 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can do this with a transgo kit. It will be a forward pattern though. A reverse pattern is the best way to go. The coan setup is the one we use.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:29 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ssmoov1
TJ why dont you build one.

Joe
i need a case im pretty sure. no biggie there.
i hadnt really priced buying the parts and having it built.
a TCI or the ATI competition unit is only 800+some truck freight to get it here.

TCI told me that the reason it prolly went it is loss of line pressure in 3rd. with the bottle, they said a TH350 would die soon with stock lubrication.
they do something to the case i guess to shoot more fluid in high gear.
few other nick nacks that made the TCI and ATI units way more desiarable than a B/M or a Hughes.

what do you think joe? i know you said you could build one.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:31 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
You can do this with a transgo kit. It will be a forward pattern though. A reverse pattern is the best way to go. The coan setup is the one we use.
why is the reverse pattern better? does it actually provide more life to the tranny?
ive always tried to stay away from one because i dont like staying in high gear after a run. i like shifting to neutral. no since in stretching the rods out if you dont have to.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think just need to run a 4l60e and have OD to shift into after a run.. and get better gas milage..IMO

j\k lol

i would go rossler..just a couple 100 bucks more but you get what you pay for. call them and see what they have to say..and get a t-brake lol

but in all seriousness i think you should go with your gut.. call then and see how they talk and what not customer service is where its all.. just incase you have problems in the future....and get that car running dork
Old 10-01-2006, 01:41 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ
why is the reverse pattern better? does it actually provide more life to the tranny?
ive always tried to stay away from one because i dont like staying in high gear after a run. i like shifting to neutral. no since in stretching the rods out if you dont have to.

The idea is so that you don't hit neutral or reverse in high hp or high speed applications. Good point about putting it into neutral. But I think most extreme cars have shut of switches for the fuel and ignition. If it were mine that is the way I would do it. We do offer both forward and reverse valve bodies. I guess it comes down to how you want to play! Vince.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

The idea of the reverse shift pattern came about when the stock shifters on the 1960's & 70's did not hold the chosen gear very well. Now the vast majority of shifters work just fine. I will only build the forward pattern, because of what you just stated, and if you break anything (motor, rear end, etc.), you need to find neutral fast.

Quick Reply: TCI or ATI???