Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR torque arm non-adj. question??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR torque arm non-adj. question??

So I am gonna get a new torque arm since my bushing is worn out on the stocker. My question is has anyone used a non-adj. on a lowered car seeing as how BMR and most others say that they are set @ -2 degrees based upon stock ride height. Has anyone just replaced their torque arm bushing with an Energy Suspension bushing? I want to upgrade and tighten things up, but I do not want to choose a part that is going to give regrets in the end. Anything has to be better than that horrid noise and sloppiness it is causing now!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i figured while i was down there i wouldnt even mess with the trans mount and went to a tunnel mount, no regrets since lol
Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The bushing upgrade is the way to go if you were going to get the non-adjustable torque arm because with both your angle is going to be out of wack. At least it will be cheaper. But if you want it to be tight and hook great, spend the extra money and get an adjustable torque arm. The -2 degrees is so when you excellerate and the axle housing twists there will be a straight line from the tail shaft of the transmission straight to the rear end. Less of a loss of power and a better hook up on the launch.
If you get a panhard bar you will feel alot more of the bump. Something to keep in mind.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Launching!

I do have an adj. pan hard rod.....did i mention the severe power loss, as well...I just drove it and it is horrible...tranny is clunking and the noise is very evident.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry it look like from your post above that you had the non-adjustable. Power loss? From what? Does your torque arm attach to the transmission or the relocation bracket? Might need the new transmission mount bushing.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Launching!

the torque arm is stock on mine....I have LCA reloc. brackets, Boxed LCA w/poly bushings, Adj. PHR, KYB AGX's, Eibach sportline lowering springs...(so you get the whole picture... I just looked at everything underneath and I couldnt really tell(it was a pain squeezing under there with the factory jack) The bushing you are talking about is the bushing that goes around the torque arm, right? I saw that there was about 2-3 inches shaft space in between the tail of the tranny and the head of the driveshaft..is that normal? I presume it is. Power loss>>is being lost through the drivetrain..I can tell a big difference and that just started today. oh...it attaches to the trans. stock setup on that...

Last edited by BlackZ28629; 10-03-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 AM
12 Second Club

Ok so your running the stock torque arm correct? If so the arm should extend about 2inches past the bushing. The shaft needs to move throught the bushing or you'd realy break things. If that bushing is junk the shaft is flexing alot so yeah your loosing power. You could just replace the bushing or up grade the torque arm to help you out.
If you have a picture it would help. You could just have a shop look at it and tell you whats wrong.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Launching!

yeah Ill try to get a pic..Im really thinkin it is the bushing, but it doesnt look broken or anything. Im gonna replace it for now and see what happens. Unfortunately, I am leaving on vacation in the morning and wont be back for about a week and a half...Ill post the pic when Im back..Thanks for your help dude!!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what We're here for. Have fun